Tuesday 24 August 2010

It's the simple things ...

not to mention the free things, that help you stop and appreciate the moment.


Gratitude: walking through the park at the end of my street with my dog of a morning. Admiring the myriad Grevilleas and Callistemons bursting with blooms, and the rainbow lorikeets noisily feasting on their colourful smorgasbord.

(Straight from iPhone to you. No editing, cropping, processing, adjusting, tweaking or fiddling. How very liberating it is to shoot and show. Although I may have to break out the good gear to get a shot of the rainbow lorikeets.)
Spot the departing Lorikeet

2 comments:

  1. ahh two of my favourite flowers really, I have a few varieties in my yard here that I just love! At night and in the morning the Honey Gems have big droplets of the most beautiful tasting nectar.. I take the kids out and we get our fingers in under the flower stamens and get the droplets out to eat hehe. I love the toasty oaty smell of the Callistemons too.. ahh that's the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the collistemons fabulous at the moment.
    I live at Noosa and the council has in their wisdom planted them throughout many of the roadside gardens.
    I'm delighting in all the pops of red and pink as I zoom around doing my everyday chores.

    Felicity x

    PS The quotes on the garden signs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete