Tuesday 22 July 2008

Another year, another mountain














It's been too long since I've climbed a mountain so for my birthday I set my sights on Mt Cooroora at Pomona. A mountain I've had on my 'to do' list for a while now. I was disappointed to miss the opportunity when fog and drizzling rain at 9.30 am deemed it not a wise idea.

After filling in some time looking around nearby Cooroy, the sun made an appearance and I back-tracked to Pomona to achieve my birthday goal, setting off at midday up the very steep though not technically difficult mountain.














After much huffing and puffing and stopping to admire the view (aka catching my breath) I made it to the top, very red faced from the exertion (did I mention it was steep?). I tried not to think that folks run up this very same track in a ridiculously short time in the King of the Mountain competition held each a year. I think the record time for making it to the top is faster than I can tie my shoe laces. And then they run back down! I prefer to take my time and enjoy the view ;)
Happy Birthday to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment